“Design is arts and aesthetics. Design is so simple, which is why it is so magnanimous”
The design has become everything for the world. It is through design that we express and communicate. How do you define something? How do you make a difference in the life of your clients? If you love solving problems with artistry?
If this is the perfect description of your itch to reshape the world with your ideas. Graphic Design may be the perfect profession for you.
But where do you start? You start here! With us, where you will find all the information you need to start your career as a Graphic Design, and we stand by it when we Australia is the best place to study Graphic Design.
Become a professional in Graphic Design in Australia
Australia has always been an abode for those who are instinctively creative. There are countless reasons why talents like you flock here to unlock their potential to create designs that inspire. You will not only enjoy your journey to becoming a successful graphic designer but also have monetary fulfilment later due to the generous income and unbound opportunities.
Down below are a few of the many reasons why you should choose to study Graphic Design in Australia:
- Institutions in Australia are global leaders in design education, research, and development.
- A Graphic Design degree in Australia will condition domains including socio-culturalism, technology, and environmental studies.
- Graduates from Australian art and design institutes are highly sought after due to the impressive reputation of Australia’s education system on a global basis.
- The local art in this country is an inspiration, you will be a part of a supportive clique that lets you grow as a Graphic Design professional
- The Australian government grants support to artists and designers as a way of promoting the art and service industry.
- An incredibly unique perk to studying in Australia is that you will have multiple opportunities to work as a student. You can work 20 hours a week on a regular day and 40 hours on the weekends or holidays.
- The demand for Graphic Design professionals is always high in Australia and the rest of the world.
- Australia offers the highest salary for design services such as graphic design.
Key facts about the design – Graphic Design
As a Graphic Design professional with a degree from some of the best Australian institutions, you will hear “I would love to do what you do” from your friends. And there is a reason behind that.
- You have the ultimate power to turn thoughts into reality.
- Designers are visual magicians; with a good Graphic Design certification, you will be able to create out of the box results.
- The wage of the highest 10 per cent of art directors went up to a whopping $170,230 and is expected to grow further.
- With enough experience, Graphic Designers are likely to earn $67,420 as a median salary.
- Graphic designers and interior designer earn an average of $83,140 and $106,950 respectively
When you have crossed the threshold from creative appreciation to a realization- as a Graphic Designer you will have the ability to convert visions into products for perpetuity.
You will have the perfect channel to transform your inherent talent into a sustainable career through Graphic Designing.
As a Graphic Designer, the world will be your oyster but with such a large pool of choices, you feel inherently pressured to choose the best for satisfying outcomes.
A Graphic Designer is no longer an advantage to a company, He is a prerequisite.
- You get to glorify your creativity – There are no limitations for a Graphic Designer. You are not restricted to mining spreadsheets or answering emails. You are channelling your creativity to solve problems. You are constantly challenging yourself to find different ways to convey a message via visual expression.
- Each day is a new beginning – as a Graphic Designer, you will remain distant to the humdrum of a regular profession. Each day will bring in new provocations to provide authentic results for your client.
- Graphic Designing is an orchestra of career pathways – You will have a lot to choose between an array of industries as a Bachelor of Graphic Design. Whether you are working in-house or for an agency, there are no bounds to what you can do. You could be designing a label for a wine company one day and crafting posters for an election campaign the other.
- Opportunities and high demand – Graphic Design is an incredibly competitive career indeed. However, the demand for good designers is always in perpetuity.
- You can go casual – If you are curious to why Graphic Designing seems so ultra-cool- Because it is! There is no other profession besides Graphic Designing where the norms of workwear are so liberating. Even when you are working for an agency, you will have a modern office with ample opportunities to flex your new Puma Future Riders to the fullest.
- An altered view of the world – With Graphic Design every twig is a possible future. After you learn Graphic Design and its principles you perceive and appreciate the world differently.
- Learn as you work if you are one for pushing your limits to the maximum, Graphic Design is the discipline for you. New tools, technologies and inspirations are constantly pouring in. Through Graphic Design, you can learn even the most sequestered art of life.
- Become a part of a warm community – Graphic Designers are constantly sharing their projects on platforms including, Behance, Dribble, and Cargo. The industry is amiable and opens channels of engagement where you receive feedback and appreciation for your work. It is a job for social junkies. You can be a part of a clique which will fuel your growth.
- Create change – As a Graphic Designer, you will see your work make undeviating crystalline impacts in the world. The cognizance that your design is out there for people to see and use and interact with is a very satisfying one.
- A job that you will love – Life is cruel in the way that there is very less room for regrets, why then should you spend a significant something you do not love. Graphic Design lets you practise your flair where you enjoy every second of it. If you are choosing Graphic Design as a career, you are choosing a life of inspirations and dynamics.
- The statistics from the Bureau of Labour show that there will be a whopping 13 per cent increase in the demands for Graphic Designers in 2020.
- The products and service of any industry or niche will remain redundant without visual marketing that a Graphic Designer provides. In other words, a Graphic Designer is the prerequisite of a business, big or small.
- With a Graphic Design certificate, you will stand out from the other designers. You will also have an edge if you have a strong power of visualizing information.
- Graphic Design was rated as the most suited career for those who prefer self-employment.
- A website’s overall design is the number one factor that influences its credibility for the reader.
- A staggering 67 per cent of the small industries are willing to pay $500 for a single logo design while 18 percent of them might even pay $1000.
- Specialized design service is known to have the highest measure of employment in the Graphic Design industry.
- 14 percent of the total full-time Graphic Designers are hired by the manufacturing industry.
- In one of the statistics released by the Design management institute, design directed businesses outplayed the S & P between 2004 and 2014.
- It has been estimated that the computer system design industry and similar niches will have a 20 per cent increase in the employment rate for Graphic Designers between 2016 to 2026.
To select the best course, you will need to assess the amount of time and resources, level of commitment and the specific industry that you wish to work for.
Best Diploma Graphic certificate and courses in Australia
- Certificate IV in Design
- Diploma of Design
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Diploma of Art and Design
- Diploma in Graphic Design
Best Bachelor of Graphic Design Courses in Australia
- Bachelor of Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Landscape Design (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Digital Media (3D Design and Animation)
To select the best course, you will need to assess the amount of time and resources, level of commitment and the specific industry that you wish to work for. After taking these courses, you will be more adept at employing visual hierarchy, typography, and pictures to create messages that appeal visually and are easy to understand.
A Graphic Design certificate or degree not only enhances your chances of getting a design job, but it also fuels your level of income. Generally, advanced degrees in Graphic Design are more likely to succeed at landing jobs in reputable companies.
The best-ranked universities offering Graphic Design course in Australia are:
- Griffith university
- Queensland University of technology
- RMIT university
- University of South Wales
- Swinburne University of Technology
The realm of Graphic Designers is more diverse than any other profession and so is the Graphic Designer course for beginners in Australia. Each curated to build your creativity and strengthen your soft skills to give you a competitive edge in the Graphic Design industry.
To start a career as a Graphic Designer in Australia, typically you will need specialisation in Graphic Design.
You can take a formal qualification in the form of either a Diploma of Graphic Design or a Bachelor of Graphic Design.
Australia has abundant opportunities for a Graphic Designer to tap into. You can either take learning Graphic Design as a specialization or work your way to becoming a creative leader or art director.
This a very decisive quandary for many students and professionals alike.
Wondering if Graphic Design is still a good career option in 2020? Here are some reasons that make Graphic Design the best job in the world!
- What business on this planet does not need Graphic Designers? Without branding and promotional materials, a company will never have recognition or standing in the market which makes Graphic Designers imperative to running a successful business.
- The Graphic Design business has gone up 3.5 per cent in the last three years and is projected to continue to rocket as more companies, start-ups emerge, creating more demand for your services.
- When people see information in combination with graphics, they are 65 per cent more likely to retain it than if they were just provided with a text devoid of any visual representation. This statistic on its own says a lot about the potential opportunities that can be presented to you as a Graphic Designer.
- Graphic Design is liberation! You could be working for NASA and a real estate company at the same time. There are no limitations to Graphic Design as a career.
If you are starting a career as a Graphic Designer in Australia, you can expect to earn a base salary ranging from A$45,000 to A$80,000 per year in an agency.
Meaning your average salary as a Graphic Designer will be around A$66,266 per year.
If you choose to work as a freelance Graphic Designer, you can expect to earn around $70,000 per year. However, the statistic varies depending on the number of hours you will be working.
Australia, USA, and the UK are some of the highest paying countries for Graphic Designers.
- Australia – an average salary for a Bachelor of Graphic Design in Australia can be estimated up to $48,376.
- United States of America – the average salary for a Graphic Designer in the USA is estimated to be around $43,317.
- United Kingdom – the average salary for a Graphic Designer in the UK can be estimated up to £22,209.
Graphic Design has become the vanguard for all things marketing and branding.
There are several options for Graphic Design courses for beginners in Australia. A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design will teach the foundation and principles of design helping you unravel the elements of creativity and business marketing or branding.
If you choose to study Graphic Design in Australia, you must consider the following courses:
Graphic Design is a unique job which requires constant bouts of creativity on the go.
Types of company hiring Graphic Designers more frequently include corporate, multimedia and print media.
As a Graphic Designer who needs a good grasp of the working of software programmes such as Photoshop, adobe illustrator, CorelDRAW, InDesign, etc.
Besides the technical skills, you need to hone your communications skills and understanding of different shades to produce the most jaw-dropping designs.
If you take a job as a Graphic Designer, you will never stop learning and thinking.
Checklist to start a successful career as a Graphic Designer:
- Build a strong understanding of the basics and foundation of Graphic Design.
- Learn necessary techniques for project thumbnails, all in one graphic illustration and storyboarding.
- Develop a remarkable portfolio.
Australia presents graceful conditioning for those keen to learn Graphic Design and pursue it as a career. The core nature of the Graphic Design training in Australia is straightforward, ingenious, and animated for such minds.
You can channel inspiration from the urban design, visual expression and even from the energetic street art.
Australian National University in Canberra is one of the most prestigious institutions in Australia offering both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Graphic Design.
The Queensland Institute of Technology is another gateway for aspirants who wish to take the best courses in Graphic Design including Bachelor of Graphic Design in Australia.