“Blockchain technology is coming to replace the old, rotten system of governance around the world. Embrace it!”
Today, having expertise in Blockchain means catching on to the fastest moving skill train in the market. It is not a secret that having a deep and actionable understanding of blockchain is one of the trendiest qualities you can build as a professional interested in the techno-economic or computing industry. Blockchain, in itself, has numerous applicable fields, which inevitably creates a vast pool of demand for professionals who can work with it. Of course, the sector and the career outcome is relatively new, making it necessary to have a clear understanding of what it takes to be a blockchain expert. That’s where we can help, follow along to learn about the nitty gritties of blockchain, and diving into it as a profession.
What is Blockchain in simple terms?
In brevity, Blockchain is a digital record book of all the transactions that are made on a network. These transactions are then copied and shared on the overall network of a computing ecosystem running on a blockchain database. Every block of the chain stores different transactions. Every time a new transaction takes place on the blockchain, the record of the same is added to the digital ledger or record book of everyone that participates in it.
Decentralization is the most attractive aspect of blockchain. Meaning, the network ensures an unprecedented amount of transparency, fairness, and security to the participants of the transactions that occur on the network. In a way, blockchain can be better understood by comparing it to the google docs ecosystem, with which we share better familiarity. When we create a doc file on google docs, it is distributed with the participants, aka the group of people who have the link to access it. The file you created is not transferred or duplicated. What does that do? This system of record-keeping, in all essence, keeps the distribution transparent among all participants, preventing a single authority to make changes to the doc files without the knowledge of the others. The same applies to blockchain; all your transactions are recorded in real-time, ensuring fairness, transparency, and security.
If you are already in Australia and would like to know more about Blockchain Education options, please contact us!
Is Blockchain worth learning in 2021?
If technology is the pole you are more inclined to, then learning Blockchain technology will perhaps be the best decision you would have ever made. Testimonies from present and established developers show us the true potential of blockchain in transforming careers. Yes, it is true that blockchain is still in its early stages of infancy, which can make mastering it quite challenging. However, that is the true charm of this career pathway; there is a grossly wide gap between the demand for blockchain specialists and their true availability. The industry is growing at a phenomenal rate, and so are the ways of becoming a blockchain maestro. Observations of the market show strong signs of blockchain being implemented by the most prominent players in the game. Areas such as strong enterprises, including supply chain, financial, digital identity, government, land registry, etc., will see a constant demand for blockchain developers compared to ICOs. In all simplicity, blockchain puts the power back to the masses where it RIGHTFULLY belongs. Anyone with the smallest of assets interested in the market can become a participant.
Companies want to implement blockchain technology into the economy and make money on it within the next 10-20 years. This will give many new jobs. Once banks, governments and companies start to adopt blockchain, this need will explode, and blockchain will go into the mainstream. High demand for experienced blockchain developers is one of the blockchain trends for the future, so it’s definitely worthwhile your investment.
How to start a career in Blockchain technology? In which areas can I develop?
You can start your journey as a Blockchain engineer, Bitcoin Miner, or Blockchain smart contract developer.
- Blockchain engineer – Designs, implements, and supports a Blockchain network.
- Bitcoin Miner – Responsible for validating the unverified transactions and add them to a block
- Smart contract developer – Builds a computerized contract that contains the terms and conditions of a mutually agreed contract between the peers.
How to become a Blockchain developer?
Before you start on your path to becoming a Blockchain developer, there are a few things you have to know!
How can I learn Blockchain Technology?
- Get to know the basics of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency:
- Learn the fundamentals of Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Understand what a consensus algorithm is.
- Read about decentralization, scalability, security, all kinds of attacks, marketability of a blockchain, different blockchain technologies, advantages, and disadvantages of blockchain technologies over one another and evolution of blockchains.
- Join various blockchain communities and visit Bitcoin forums on Reddit, crypto vlogs on YouTube, and Blockchain news on Coindesk. This allows you to learn from industry experts and to make connections to professionals.
- Take part in a blockchain start-up. Although some may fail due to a lack of finances, you will get more experience and knowledge of using this technology.
- Study and get Certification of a bachelor’s degree in the related areas: Blockchain Technologies, Application, or Solutions. But remember, even the Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain is “just the tip of the iceberg regarding implementing blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Studying will give you the opportunity to work on live projects and also have a one-to-one mentorship, which will uplift your skills the most.
- Get experience in smart contract scripting languages (primarily Solidity).
- Be fluent in programming languages. It’s important because most Blockchains are created in languages like Python, C-Sharp.
- For software development (like distributed applications and smart contracts) on Ethereum, you’ll need to learn the programming language Solidity and the concepts of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Understand the working of data structures like Stack, linked list, Queue, etc., because Blockchain is a back-linked list of blocks that hold transactions.
- Be well versed in Web Applications will open up a wide array of opportunities to create web and mobile applications based on Blockchain Technology.
- Learn basic Cryptography.
- Set up a node on a blockchain such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, IOTA, or Nano.
- Be willing to learn and keep up with new blockchain technologies.
How can I study Blockchain in Australia?
If you want a build a career in blockchain technology and become a blockchain expert, you should certainly do a PG certification degree course. Blockchain Collective provides quality blockchain courses. It is the first company in Australia to develop a fully accredited Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain course (10747NAT) that complies with the stringent Australian education standards and meets the growing needs of the business.
Both Diploma of Blockchain Course NAT10849 and Advanced Diploma of Blockchain Course 10747NAT are the best Blockchain courses offered to study in Australia, both for domestic Australian and international students.
Other popular courses 2020/2021
- Developing Blockchain Applications
- Designing Blockchain Solutions
- Master of Financial Technology UNSW Sydney
- BUSN5001 Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies in Business UWA PERTH
- SIT728 Blockchain Technologies and Real-World Applications Deakin University
- Blockchain Training in Sydney – IBM Blockchain Course Sydney
The University of Melbourne RMIT also offers Australia’s first short course on Blockchain Strategy, aiming to educate the nation’s next wave of tech start-up entrepreneurs.
How much do Blockchain developers get paid in Australia?
Blockchain specialists are projected to receive placements offering salaries of around A$150,000 to A$300,000 every year in Australia. If you know the technology, you can earn create a stable channel of passive income by making applications to mining cryptocurrencies. Blockchain Technology jobs make it possible for a professional to work from home anywhere globally as a freelancer as well as to join big-shot tech organizations, depending on your career advancement goals.