SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING
“We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is, how well we DO it.”
– Erik Qualman
Do you live and breathe social media? Are you aware of how much Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other applications mean to modern businesses? And it got you thinking, could you really make money doing what you love?
YES you can!
Want to pursue a career in Social Media? Maybe you’re interested in becoming a Social Media Marketer but don’t know where to begin? You’ve come to the right place. At Australia Study Educational Services, we take care of everything.
Key facts/statements about the Social Media industry in Australia
- According to the Australian Digital Skills and Salary Survey, the digital skills
shortage is set to become an even more pressing challenge: more than half
of businesses surveyed anticipated hiring more digital specialists over the
coming months. Currently, 30% of the digital talent in Australia are in
fact ex-pats. (digitalgurus.online)
- Social media is placed among the top job categories along with web development and digital creative skills. (redmako.com.au)
- A Social Media Strategist receives an average of AU$66,000 per year. Highly related positions such as Digital Strategist and Digital Marketing Manager receives AU$77,000 and 78,000 per year respectively, according to Payscale.
Studying social media courses in Australia
- Learn first-hand from leading global Social Media Experts in Australia who ‘walk the walk’ and over 1,000,000 combined followers
- Get the chance to exchange questions with peers and expert facilitators
- Join an active community of like-minded, aspiring social media marketers
- Have a successful career in a growing and ever-changing industry
- Learn Social Media secrets that deliver immediate results
- Earn at least $3,455 AUD every month. The average salary of a Social Media Manager in Australia is $60,000 AUD per year
- Download & keep useful tools which you can utilise well after you have completed the course
Are you ready to be the next Social Media Rockstar? If you’re a student who seeks to acquire a diploma in any social media courses, you’ll be sure to be a step ahead of your competitors. It can improve your skill and knowledge and make you more prepared in handling different digital marketing challenges, today and in the near future.
Let us help you jumpstart your career in Social Media!
Social media evolves at a rapid rate, which is why solid foundations are all the more critical. Does any of the key facts surprise you? That’s just the tip of the iceberg. That’s why a diploma in any social media courses can help you prepare for the future.
- Flexible workplace – you can work remotely or travelling around the world while working a full-time job.
- Independent work – you can be your boss and start your own social media agency.
- Fulfillment – Your work has the potential to go viral or have a positive impact. It might end up receiving media coverage too.
- You can be your creative self – Successful social media managers bring together the best in storytelling and community building to do more than sell products or services—they have the power to humanize brands. Don’t think outside the box, think like there is no box!
- Opportunity to earn more – You have access to clients beyond any geographic barriers, be it different states in the country or even overseas locations.
- Constant development – as social media and other industries grow, so will your skills and yourself. You need to update your skills every day to keep on top of trends.
- Multi-Faceted Exposure – You will be exposed to various kinds of companies and domains. You have the chance to work with the next big brand and be a part of a company’s success. You have faster growth opportunities as compared to any full-time job.
- Getting more work done – Freelance social media managers have the freedom to choose their working hours, therefore, they can choose to start working at their productive hours.
- Working on Different Industries – You will have the chance to work with big brands or startup companies in various niches.
Social Media is here to stay. Discovering products will even be more social. Globally at least 28% of users consult social media when doing product searches, and social media even defeats search engines as research channels in some countries like Philippines, Morocco and Kenya according to Global Web Index.
- As of January 2020 there were 16,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users. (SocialMediaNews.com.au)
- Some 18 million Australians have active social media accounts, i.e. 72% of the population and active social media users grew in Australia by 5.9% over the 12 month period Jan 2018 to Jan 2019, this substantially out strips population growth over the same period. (WeAreSocial.com)
- Australians spend an average of 1.5-1.75 hours per day on social media, and this has been increasing slowly over the past 8 years. (GlobalWebIndex.com)
- While users skew to the 25-34 age group, there are more than 1.25 million Facebook users over 65 in Australia. (Genroe.com)
YES. It’s a modern career and a lot of companies and businesses are looking for talented social media marketers and managers.
According to Buffer, Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic. And we couldn’t agree more.
All our courses are Globally Accredited that focus solely on social media. Employers always prefer candidates with formal training over unaccredited soft skilled courses.
Careers in Social Media include:
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Marketer
- Social Media Strategist
- Community Manager
- Brand Ambassador
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
- Content Manager
- Social Media Sales Representative
There are tons of social media job titles out there. They range from more standard roles like social media strategist to more unique positions like “community wizard” and “social media influencer”.
Social media roles are often autonomous, and they can be unstructured and fluid due to the constantly changing nature of technology. With that said, Formal Qualifications can help you secure a long-term job.
Do it the best way and get a diploma in Social Media. If you already have a marketing, journalism or advertising skew to your skill set and career, see how you can get involved in social media initiatives in other areas of your department and build a social media career for yourself within your current role.
A Social Media Strategist receives an average of AU$66,000 per year.
You can choose between the three courses we offer:
- Diploma of Social Media
- Advanced Diploma of Digital Marketing
- Diploma of Marketing (Social Media)
Social Media Marketing Specialists have a salary range between $36,000 and $69,000 per year, with the median salary being $45,860 per year.
A Social Media Manager creates and executes an organization’s social media strategy. Their goals likely center around increasing brand awareness, driving traffic to their organization’s domain, and cultivating leads and sales. They are responsible for representing their company’s brand on social as well as developing social media campaigns.
Industries such as Entertainment, Real Estate, Marketing, Retail, Education, Restaurants and Fashion can benefit in social media marketing.
Individuals interested in a career in social media often need a bachelor’s degree in a field like communications, journalism, or marketing or diploma in social media courses. Even if big companies already ditched college degrees as a requirement in their hiring process, education to an extent is still important. A diploma in social media marketing can give you the much-needed edge in this highly competitive world.
You can learn social media marketing online or in-class sessions.
- You will learn the foundations of Social Media as a career.
- You will learn the basics about Digital Marketing.
- Learn how to reach 2.5 bilion active social media users.
- You will be able to build a brand using social media platforms.
- Develop a social media marketing strategy for your chosen business and implement it while studying. Immediately apply what you learn and see instant results!
- Diploma of Social Media Marketing
- Advanced Diploma of Digital Marketing
- Diploma of Marketing (Social Media)
Swinburne University of Technology
Open Universities Australia
University of Technology Sydney
Queensland international Business Academy
Queensland Academy of Technology
Bachelor of Communication (Digital and Social Media)
International Students are required to complete international academic qualification equivalent to Australian year 12. English Language Requirements: IELTS (Academic Module) – Overall 6.0 No individual band below 6.0; TOEFL iBT – 75 (Reading no less than 18, Writing no less than 20); PTE Academic – 50 (no communicative skill less than 50).
Regardless of the course and level of education you select during the Social Media studies, you will get the skills listed below. Level of education (whether it’s Certificate IV, Diploma or Higher Education) only matters how good level of expertise you hold. Here are the different things you can learn:
- Build a brand using social media platforms
- Develop a social media marketing strategy for your chosen business as you work through the course
- Understand the end-to-end social media marketing process and gain the confidence you need to succeed
- Harness the power of influence and advocacy
- Apply effective marketing strategies
- Discover new techniques and channels to communicate your message
- Rapidly grow your followers and learn how to turn your followers into paying customers