Scholarships types for international students In Australia
Want to know how to apply for scholarships as an international student in Australia?
Applying for a scholarship as an international student in an Australian university is extremely common. If you are interested in advancing your career into higher education in either undergraduate, postgraduate or even PhD you can reduce tuition costs by applying for a scholarship as an international student through your Australian university. The good news is that anything is possible when you put your mind to it and the worst diligence is the one that is not done.
Here at Australia Study, we will give you some valuable advice from our knowledge and experience with international students, studies, visas as well as scholarships.
A scholarship in Australia can provide significant financial assistance with your tuition fees and in some cases your accommodation and living expenses. There are several different scholarships that cover some of your tuition fees up to even 50%! A common misunderstanding is that there are no Australian university scholarships for international students.
Most scholarships are based on academic merits, although there are also some special programs for international students sponsored by third parties, multinationals, and government programs that favor certain conditions such as coming from European or South American countries.
Below are some tips for applying for a scholarship as an international student in Australia
- Start doing your research about scholarships before you want to study: make a list of Universities where the program that you want to study is located, check the conditions and requirements of the course, but also the scholarships for international student that are offered, including how much they cover. Always remember to check the application deadlines too. Note that some institutional scholarships do not require an application; you will be automatically considered when you apply for your course.
- Check your eligibility for each scholarship as an international student; some scholarships are only available for Australians, Aboriginal community or students from certain countries, while others may be related to a specific course, field of study or level of study.
- Make sure to provide all required documentation; documentation can include transcripts, an offer letter, motivation letter or references. Make sure you get certified and translated copies when necessary.
- Double check any letters for spellchecks; scholarship committees may ignore your application if it contains grammatical or spelling errors. You might even be able to ask help from someone who is fluent in English.
- Make sure you comply with all the points requested in the application: some universities, especially those with greater recognition, have additional requirements such as submitting an essay or statement of intent regarding why you want and deserve to be benefited by the scholarship.
And the most important advice; if you have doubts about how to carry out this process, ask for help with the application. Any of our advisors at Australia Study will be more than happy to help you fulfil your dreams in Australia! Receiving a scholarship as an international student in Australia can save you thousands of dollars, therefore, we highly recommend it to everyone!