Student guardian visa in Australia – let your child fulfil their dreams

Does your child dream of studying abroad? Then, take them to Australia - your dreams will surely come true there! A rich educational offer and many beautiful places await you in that country!

Everyday life in Australia Studying in Australia

What is Australia like?

Australia is a beautiful place! It covers the entire continent and several islands. Deserts cover part of the country. Where it rains most often, palm trees, fig trees, and other beautiful plants grow. You can also see a lot of animals there. In Australia live kangaroos, wombats, and koala bears. The most remarkable of Australia’s attractions is the Great Barrier Reef.

You should know that Australia is a well-developed country. The Australian population is very satisfied with their lives. Also, the Australian economy is doing very well. What’s more, Australia offers a very high level of public services.

Do you want to know more? Here are some interesting facts about Australia:

  • there are more than 10,000 beaches in Australia;
  • Australia is the driest inhabited continent in the world;
  • more than 1,500 species of fish live in the Great Barrier Reef;
  • 90% of Australians live on the coast;
  • Australia has a very low poverty rate and a high standard of living.

Student and guardian visa in Australia – all you need to know

You must have complete visa information before you travel to Australia. First, your child must obtain a student visa. To do that, your child needs a passport. A student also needs insurance, proof of registration to the chosen course, and a completed visa application. Obtaining a student visa is possible by meeting these four formalities. However, you can use our Australia Study team to help you complete your paperwork and application. Sometimes it is also necessary to provide additional documents. However, these are cases considered individually.

In Australia, an international student under 18 will need a guardian. A parent, relative or legal guardian can obtain a guardian visa in this case. This type of visa is valid only during the student visa holder’s stay. In exceptional cases, the ward may be older.

To be a guardian, you need to be over 21 years old. You must also prove that you can support yourself and the student in Australia. Remember that a guardian visa does not allow you to work. So, it would be best to consider all the expenses before going to Australia.

How to prepare for living in Australia?

  • It would be best to prepare yourself for life in Australia in advance. Here are some essential things you need to take care of before you leave:
  • transportation from the airport,
  • accommodation,
  • financial resources.

First, let’s talk about transportation from the airport. You will certainly pack a lot of things for your stay in Australia. Of course, you can purchase most of them on-site. However, to save, it is better to take those things you already have at home. You can go from the airport by public transport, which works excellently in Australia. However, if you have a lot of luggage, getting around by car will be much easier. You can rent a car that you will drive yourself. You can also hire a shuttle with a driver. If you don’t know how to deal with this, ask us – Australia Study for help.

Now let’s talk about accommodation. First, you must choose where you want to live. Renting an apartment will undoubtedly be the most convenient option. Unfortunately, it is also the most expensive. If you want to save, you can rent rooms in the house of the locals. Many Australian families host international students. Of course, you can also use hostels or hotels. However, we think these options will not be comfortable for a student with a guardian.

The last important issue is financial resources. As mentioned above, a guardian visa does not allow you to work in Australia. So, you must have money to support yourself and your child without working. When calculating your budget, consider expenses for accommodation, school, public transport, meals, and unexpected expenses. Remember that you must also pay for each visa and take out insurance.

In conclusion, you can go to Australia together with your child. However, a person under 18 must obtain a student visa, and you must obtain a guardian visa. In addition, you will not be able to work while in Australia. Therefore, you must ensure you and your child have adequate financial resources. Before leaving, you also need to take care of transport and accommodation.

Make your child’s dreams of education abroad come true!

Related Articles

immigration and visas
New Financial Requirements for International Students: Demonstrating Savings of at Least AUD$29,710
From the last 10 of May, the Australian Government announced an increase in the amount of savings international students will...
Studying in Australia
Living and Accommodation Options for English Language Students in Australia
As part of planning for a successful learning experience, finding suitable accommodation plays an integral role in promoting a comfortable...
Exploring VET Education in Australia: Your Comprehensive Guide by Australia Study
In this comprehensive guide, we explore the benefits of VET education in Australia, its diverse range of pathways, institutions, and...
Have no product in the cart!